Northwest Prime Time Calendar of Events
Art, Craft, Jewelry Show
May 4-5, 9am-3pm free, Northshore Senior Center, 10201 East Riverside Dr, Bothell, 425-487-2441.
Elderwise Art Show
May 5, 2-4pm, refreshments, live music, $10 donation, Wallingford Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Seattle, 206-913-1757, www.elderwise.org
May 5, 10am, free, enjoy sing-alongs with classic songs from film and TV
, opens with dance performance, designed for those with dementia and their caretakers, so it’s okay to get up and move around, Edmonds Center for the Arts, 410 Fourth Ave N. free but RSVP 425-275-9595, www.ec4arts.org
50+ Readers Theater
May 7 & 14, “Cactus Juice” & “A Slight Misunderstanding” $1, Kent Senior Center, 600 E. Smith, 253-856-5150.
May 7, 1pm, free event to learn new dances, seated, walkers wheelchairs welcome, refreshments served, rsvp to Susan 206-367-6700 or email@example.com, Aegis of Shoreline, 14900 First Ave NE.
Free discussions for seniors, May 9, 1:30-3pm “Please Listen!” Sammamish Library 825 228th Ave SE, 425-392-3130; May 15, 2-3:30pm “Dealing with Difficult People” Richmond Beach Library 19601 21st Ave NW, 206-546-3522; May 18, 1-2:30pm “Life Purpose” Issaquah Library 10 West Sunset Way, 425-392-5430; May 27, 2-3:30pm “Discussing End of Life Issues” Richmond Beach Library, 206-546-3522; May 27, 2-3:30pm “Who Knows You?” Shoreline Library, 345 NE 175th St, 206-362-7550.
Kitchen Table Talks
May 15, 1-2pm, join lively monthly conversation about age-friendly communities. This month's topic is Housing (see page 3 of this publication for info & discussion questions), open to all, call in from anywhere on day & time of event, 206-386-1200 or toll-free 1-844-386-1200 (when prompted, enter code 6785562). For additional info, visit www.seattle.gov/agefriendly/events, or if you have questions about this event ahead of time, call 206-386-1521.
Protect Your Digital Identity
May 16, 9am-1pm (doors open at 8:30am), join Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson, experts from AARP Fraud Watch Network, Microsoft, the Federal Trade Commission, the Social Security Administration, BECU and law enforcement to learn how to protect your personal information, lunch included, South Seattle College (the Brockey Conference Center), 6000 16th Ave SW, Seattle. space is limited so reserve your seat at aarp.org/seattle or call 1-877-926-8300.
Living with Memory Loss
May 16, 6:30-8pm, free event featuring short documentary on people facing memory loss offering advice, inspiration, living well, Q&A and refreshments follow, Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St, Seattle, RSVP 206-297-0875, www.phinneycenter.org/gsc
Kenmore Senior Center
May 18, 11am-noon, Ikebana Flower Arranging, $5-$10 rsvp 425-489-0707.
Reverse Mortgage Seminar
May 19, 1-2:30pm, Aging Options campus, 31919 6th Ave S, Federal Way, FREE, for info or to RSVP 425-891-6644.
Creative Aging at the Frye
2nd Tuesdays those with dementia and care partners enjoy music in a relaxed atmosphere free, & more programs “Meet Me at the Movies” 206-432-8208, www.fryemuseum.org
Free Downsizing Seminar
May 23, 11-noon, coffee & conversation on what to do with all your stuff (sorting, packing, reducing) presented by Move Manager Christy Urdal of Next Step Transitions, refreshments served, Northgate Community Center, 10510 5th Ave NE, Seattle, rsvp 206-914-9989.
Free Downsizing Workshop
May 23, 1:30-2:30pm, Kirk Vaux of Windermere and guest speaker present ins & outs of downsizing from long-time family home, tips on sorting, packing & liquidation of possessions, Issaquah Public Library, 10 West Sunset Way, free but RSVP 206-850-4570.
May 5, 8am-4pm, Celebrate Older American’s Month speakers include speakers Wendy Lustbader (well-known author on aging & UW professor), Elder Law Attorney and radio host Rajiv Nagaichm US Congressman Denny Heck, break-out info sessions on falls prevention with free risk assessment, aging and sexuality, dementia care and caregiver support, financial planning & more, light breakfast provided, Pierce College Puyallup Campus Center, 1601 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, FREE! More info: 253-864-7309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caregiver Training Conference
June 4 (early bird registration by May 14) speakers, 16 workshops offer practical information & resources, Tukwila Community Center in Tukwila, RSVP required, space limited, 1-800-422-3263 or 360-725-2544 or http://tinyurl.com/GivingCareTakingCare
Senior Cohousing Workshop
June 15-17, join Charles Durrett, cohousing expert and architect for weekend intensive to learn resources and tools for those interested in starting their own cohousing community, $650, Bainbridge Island, Lindy 530-265-9980.
University PROBUS Club
Join seniors for coffee, fellowship and outstanding speakers the 1st Weds, 9:45am, Sand Point Community Church in View Ridge, email@example.com, 206-985-4074.
Prime Timers Seattle
Prime Timers is a social and support group for senior gay / bi / trans men ages 50s-90s that sponsors activities in different neighborhoods: restaurant & potluck dinners, coffee nights, films, plays, sports events, a rap group, winter & summer parties and picnics, a monthly newsletter. Low-cost membership provides access to a safe and supportive environment for men to be themselves and to make friends. www.seattleprimetimers.org.
Senior Coffee Hours
Third Thursdays, 10-11am, join the Seattle Mayor’s office for seniors to learn about city programs, services and to talk with officials, 810 3rd Ave, Seattle, 206-684-0500.
Dementia Friendly Recreation
Ongoing, Seattle Parks Lifelong Recreation Program offers a variety of walks and classes for those with early stage memory loss and their care partners, 206-684-4664 (Mari).
2nd Tuesdays, 3:30-5pm, Greenwood Senior Center’s Alzheimer’s Café moves to Stage Door Café, 208 N. 8th St, Seattle, chance for those with Alzheimer’s and their care partners to socialize in safe environment, info call Carin 206-230-0166, www.phinneycenter.org/gsc
3rd Wednesdays, 2:30-4pm, Meet old friends and make new ones – light meal, entertainment and conversation for people with memory loss and their care partners, Mrs. Turner's Restaurant, 701 E. Main St, Puyallup.
Salvation Army Seniors Lunch
Tuesdays, 11am, variety program followed by lunch, $3 donation, Salvation Army Temple, 9501 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle. 206-783-1225.
Gipson Gabbers Toastmasters
1st & 3rd Saturdays at 10am, life learning through improved public speaking, listening and leadership skills in comfortable setting, Gipson Senior Center, 3025 Lombard Ave, Everett. firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Dental Day
May 5, 8am-1pm, free dental services, one dental service per patient (free filling OR free extraction), no appointments, first come, first served with or without insurance, (insurance not be billed), no purchase necessary, offices in Puyallup, Olympia, University Place, www.lightdentalstudios.com/free-dental-day.html
Auditory Processing Disorder
May 18, 1:30pm, learn about Auditory Processing Disorder from Dr. Jeanane Ferre at the Evergreen Health Auditorium in Kirkland, to RSVP or for more info call 425-882-4347 or email@example.com
Free ‘Make & Take” Classes
May 5, learn basic woodworking while handcrafting a wooden jewelry tree, free, all supplies and tools provided Rockler Woodworking (Northgate & Tukwila) rsvp 206-634-3222.
Breakfast of Hope
May 10, 7:30-8:45am, keynote by chef who fought kidney disease by changing diet, event benefits NW Kidney Center, Westin Seattle, 1900 Fifth Ave, $150 requested donation, 206-720-8585.
Camano Island Studio Tour
May 11-13 & 18-20, visit artist studios on island, free, tour map available at Windermere, 818 N. Sunrise Blvd, Camano Is or www.camanostudiotour.com
Arts & Crafts Show
May 12, 10am-5pm, annual event includes raffle/book sales, Richmond Beach Library, 19601 21st Ave NW, Shoreline, 206-546-3522.
Penn Cove Water Festival
May 12, revival of Whidbey Island's Native heritage, canoe races, arts & crafts, storytelling, music & dance, demos, native food, www.penncovewaterfestival.com
Tales of the National Parks
May 12, 11am-noon, a behind-the-scenes look at our national parks presented by retired National Parks ranger Russ Cahill, free, Mountlake Terrace Library, 23300 58th Ave W, 425-776-8722.
Snohomish Charm Walk
May 12, 11am-5pm, build your own souvenir bracelet stroll shops collecting keepsakes, tickets $20, 1301 1st Street, www.historicdowntownsnohomish.org
Japanese-Americans in WA State
May 12, 2-3:30pm, Mayumi Tsutakawa – daughter of renowned sculptor, discusses her family’s 100-year history against backdrop of WWII and the aftermath, Lake Forest Park Library, 17171 Bothell Way NE, 206-362-8860, free.
5k Run/Walk for Hunger
May 19, registration 7:30-8:30am, kids fun run available, event benefits food bank, South Hill Community Park, corner of 86th Ave E & 144th St E, servefirst.org
75th Anniversary of USS Intrepid
Attn: Former crew members of legendary aircraft carrier are called back to the ship for the 75th anniversary August 16-29. The Intrepid is now a Sea, Air & Space Museum in NYC. The museum is also seeking artifacts and memorabilia, learn more at www.intrepidmuseum.org/75.
Volunteer for Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Join planning committee, contact Cory at 206-965-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
May 12, 10am-5pm free admission to MOHAI store for “Trunk Show” featuring local artists; May 12, 11am, noon, 2pm 1940s fashion features WWII fashions, uniforms free with museum admission, thru June 17, "Seattle on the Spot" photos of Al Smith chronicles African American community in the NW, 206-324-1126, mohai.org.
Seattle Art Museum
Thru May 13 major exhibition large-scale paintings “Figuring History” 206-654-3100, www.seattleartmuseum.org
Washington State History Museum
Thru June 10, blockbuster nationally touring exhibit of toys include opportunity to play with them, 1-888-238-4373, www.washingtonhistory.org
White River Valley Museum
Thru June 17, “Suffer for Beauty” exhibit of women’s undies and foundation garments, 918 H St SE, Auburn, 253-288-7433, www.wrvmuseum.org
Tacoma Art Museum
White River Valley Museum
Thru June 17 “Corsets Bras and Bustles…Oh My!” eye-popping exhibit looking at undergarments entitled “Suffer for Beauty” explores each decade from 1890 to 1970, 918 “H” St SE, Auburn, 253-288-7433, www.wrvmuseum.org
Seattle Shakespeare Company
May 2-June 3, “Shakespeare in Love” based on the Oscar winning film, Cornish Playhouse at Seattle Center, 206-733-8222, www.seattleshakespeare.org
25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
May 4-May 13, Tony-award winner at Spanaway High School, 1305 168th St E, Spanaway, 253-683-5600.
Tacoma Little Theatre
May 17-20, dinner theater “Fractional Ownership Property” time-share murder mystery, $50 for diner & show, show & dinner at Social Bar and Grill, 1715 Dock Street, 253-272-2281, www.tacomalittletheatre.com
Seattle Repertory Theatre
2018-2019 Season Announced – A New Journey Begins! “A Thousand Splendid Suns”; “A People's History”; “In the Heights”; “Last of the Boys”; “The Woman in Black”; “A Doll’s House Part 2”; “Nina Simone: Four Women”; “Lydia and the Troll” subscribe today: 206-443-2222. www.seattlerep.org
Black Box Theatre
May 10-12, 7:30pm & May 12, 2pm, Broadway’s monster hit musical “Little Shop of Horrors” returns to Black Box at Edmonds Community College, 425-640-1448. www.BlackBoxEdCC.org
May 10-July 1, HAIRSPRAY; June 1-10, hysterical musical featuring zombies, 303 Front St, Issaquah, 425-392-2202, www.villagetheatre.org
Thru May 12, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, James Wade Theater Edmonds, 425-774-9600, www.edmondsdriftwoodplayers.org
May 18-June 3 “The Pajama Game” brims with songs & dance, 3200 SW Dash Point Rd, Federal Way, 253-661-1444, www.centerstagetheatre.com
Seattle Musical Theatre
May 25-June 17, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” 206-363-2809, www.seattlemusicaltheatre.org
June 6-17, “direct from Broadway” production at Seattle’s Paramount Theatre, 1-800-982-2787, www.STGPresents.org
Village Theatre 2018 - 2019 Season
2018-2019 Season, Inspiring theatre starts here - senior subscriptions available for all five shows! “The Noteworthy Life of Howard Barnes”; “Matilda the Musical”; “I Do! I Do”; “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”; “Million Dollar Quartet” Senior subscriptions available, 425-392-2202 Issaquah; 425-257-8600 Everett, www.villagetheatre.org
Bellevue Chamber Chorus
May 5 & May 6, “Voces Latinas – Latin American Voices” collaboration between Bellevue Chamber Chorus & City Cantabile Choir, May 5. 7:30pm at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, Seattle; May 6, 3pm at St Luke's Lutheran Church, Bellevue. Don't miss this excursion into the music and spirit of Latinoamerica! $18-$22, 425-522-3436, www.bellevuechamberchorus.org.
Springtime Concerts in Burien
May 5, 2pm Youth Choruses, Glendale Lutheran Church; May 6 Choral Sounds Highline Performing Arts Center; June 1 Choral Sounds Glendale Lutheran Church, 206-246-6040, www.nwassociatedarts.org
Master Chorus Eastside
May 6, 3pm, “Circle of Life” explores the stages of life, Pine Lake Covenant Church, 1715 228th Ave SE, Sammamish, 425-392-8446, www.masterchoruseastside.org
May 12, 7pm United Methodist Church 828 Caspers St, Edmonds; May 19, 7pm North Seattle Church, 2150 N. 122nd St, Seattle, free (donations accepted for local food bank), features Mendelssohn's Elijah, 206-696-1222, www.nwchorale.org
Market Street Singers
May 19 at 7:30pm & Ma 20 at 3pm, free (donations) Seattle First Baptist Church, 1111 Harvard Ave, Seattle, www.marketstreetsingers.org
NW Sound Men's Chorus
Wed thru May 30, 7-8:30pm, free singing lessons for men from community and chance to perform with chorus, First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Ave NE, Bellevue, northwestsound.org/node/9043
Orchestra Seattle/Chamber Singers
June 3, 3pm, Mendelssohn & Dvorak, First Free Methodist Church, 3200 3rd Ave W, Queen Anne in Seattle, 1-800-838-3006.
Sno-King Community Chorale
June 9, 3pm & 7pm, concert version of "Bye Bye Birdie" $15-$25, special discounts for senior groups of 10 or more, Edmonds Center for the Arts, 410 Fourth Ave N, 425-275-9595, ec4arts.org
May 4 Vivaldi & Handel Arias; May 5 Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet, 206-215-4747, www.seattlesymphony.org
May 6, 3-5pm, season finale, Nielsen, Schuman, Sibelius, Everett Civic Auditorium, 2415 Colby Ave, 206-270-9729, www.everettphil.org
St James Cathedral Concert
May 11, 8pm Liszt, Franck & more on organ $18 suggested donation, 206-382-4874, www.stjames-cathedral.org/music
Music of Remembrance
May 20, 5pm world premiere of music exploring Japanese American wartime experience, Seattle’s Benaroya Hall, www.musicofremembrance.org
Ladies Musical Club
June 2, 9am-afternoon & 7:30pm winner recital, free to public music competition concert, Magnolia Lutheran Church, 2414 31st Ave W, Seattle, other free concerts throughout region, www.lmcseattle.org
Pop, Jazz, Folk, Country
First Sundays at 6pm, May 6 “Dave Desrochers” Seattle First Baptist on corner of Harvard & Seneca, “free will” offering, www.SeattleJazzVespers.org
Sacred Music of Tibet
May 11, 7:30pm, Buddhist monks from Tibet perform sacred music & dance, Edmonds Center for the Arts, 410 Fourth Ave N, 425-275-9595, www.ec4arts.org
Thumbnail Theater Concerts
May 12, 7:30pm “Tribute to music of Paul Desmond”; May 19, 7:30pm “Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitar Concert” 1211 4th St. Snohomish, $20, www.thumbnailtheater.org
May 16, 7:30pm, Edmonds Center for the Arts, 410 Fourth Ave N, 425-275-9595, www.ec4arts.org
Social Dance (call in advance to confirm social dance events)
Sno-King International Folk Dance Club
Feb 10, 7-10pm Sweetheart Party with live music, Weds & Sats 7pm, folk dancing, teaching, no partners needed. Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave,W., Lynnwood. $5-$7, 949-646-7082, www.sno-king.org
Skandia Dance and Music
First & Third Friday Dance, 7:30pm, Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave W, Lynnwood, $10-$15, 425-954-5262, www.skandia-folkdance.org
Resources Available for People Living with Alzheimer’s and Their Caregivers
Caring for someone with memory loss? Do you need information and support? Alzheimer’s Association family caregiver support groups provide a consistent and caring place for people to learn, share and gain emotional support from others who are also on a unique journey of providing care to a person with memory loss. Meetings include: (call first to verify meeting):
- Seattle – Ballard: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, 3 North Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107, for information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 529-3875.
- Seattle – Evening: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Magnolia Lutheran Church, 2414 31st Ave. W., Seattle, WA 98199. For information, call Linda Whiteside at (206) 529 -3875
- Seattle – Northeast: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Maple Leaf Lutheran Church, 10005 32nd Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98125, for information call Maggie Pheasant at (206) 841-8537
- Shoreline: 2nd Friday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1315 N. 160th St., Shoreline, WA 98133. For information call Tricia Kostis at (206) 783-4189
- King County Chinese Speaking Caregivers: 1st Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Chinese Information Service Center, 611 S. Lane St. Room C, Seattle, WA 98104. For information call Catherine Wong at (206) 957-8518. “For Chinese-speaking caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – for Frontotemporal Dementia: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, University Congregational United Church of Christ, 4515 16th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105, for information call Karin Miller (206) 915-6682. “For caregivers caring for people with Frontotemporal Dementia”.
- Seattle – Wallingford – Lewy Body Dementia: 4th Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, St. Benedict Parish, Pastoral Office Ground Floor, 1805 N. 49th St., Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Rena Ferretti at (206) 473-2565.
- Seattle – Northeast, Men’s Coffee Discussion Group; 3rd Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 11:30 am North East Seattle Together (NEST), 7736 24th Ave. NE, Seattle WA 98115. For information call Don Desonier at (206) 779-1634. “For male spouses.”
- Seattle – Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 am, Swedish Medical Center-Ballard, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107. For information call Linda Whiteside (206) 529-3875. “For Long-Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – Adult Children of Younger Onset Parents: 2nd Monday of the month, 7:00 -9:00 pm, Location moving TBD, for information call Wendy Nathan at (206) 422-5004. Also 1st Monday of the month, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Location moving TBD, for information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 529-3875. “Open to adult children of Younger-Onset (65 or under) parents.”
- Seattle – LGBT Caregivers: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. For location information call Mandi Gunderson at (206) 471-2352.
- Seattle – Ravenna, Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Monday of the month, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Full Life Care, 6555 Ravenna Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98115. For information call Marian Sheehan at (206) 860-3656. “For Long Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Columbia City: 4th Tuesday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Kaiser Permanente Rainier Medical Center, Conference Room, 5316 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98118. For information call Janet Ceballos (206) 940-2802.
- Seattle – West Seattle: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, and 4th Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Providence Mount St. Vincent, East Dining Room, 4831 35th Ave. SW, Seattle, WA 98126. For more information call Martha Smith at (206) 937-3701, ext. 28578.
- Seattle – Downtown: 2nd Thursday of the month, 11:30 – 1:00 pm, The Central Building, 810 3rd Ave., Lobby Floor, Small Conference Room, Seattle WA, 98104, for information call Marla York (206) 684-0428.
- Seattle – Madrona/Mt. Baker: 3rd Thursday of the Month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, St. Clement’s Episcopal Church, 1501 32nd Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98133. For information call Muriel Moore, (989) 350-1228.
- Shoreline: 2nd Friday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1315 N. 160th St., Shoreline, WA 98133. For information call Trisha Kostis at (206) 783-4189.
- Vashon Island: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Vashon Presbyterian Church, 17708 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070. For information call Regina Lyons at (206) 355-3123.
- Bothell: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Lutheran Church of Bothell, 10207 NE 183rd St., Bothell, WA 98011. For information call Debbie Williams, (206) 965-5404.
- Bellevue: 3rd Monday of the month, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Overlake Senior Health Center, 1750 112th Ave. NE, Hidden Valley Office Park, Bldg. 1, Ste. A101, Bellevue, WA 98004. For information call Regina Bennett, (425) 502-9829.
- Bellevue: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Bellevue Family YMCA, 14230 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information contact Ruth Hansing at (206) 232-2537.
- Bellevue – For Younger-Onset Caregivers, 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, St. Andrews Lutheran Church, Room 1E2, 2650 148th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information call Bill Lukov at (206) 367-4895.
- Kirkland: 3rd Tuesday of the Month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church, Multipurpose Room, 7525 132nd Ave. NE, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information contact Rosemary Reid at (425) 820-0134.
- Kirkland/Juanita: 1st Wednesday of the month, 3:00-4:30 pm, Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, 10021 NE 124th St., Kirkland, WA 98034. For information contact Karen Koenig at (425) 761-2946.
- Kirkland – Adults Caring for Parents: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Kirkland Congregational Church, Common Room, 106 5th, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information call Nina Patera (206) 412-2790. “For Adult Children caring for parents with memory loss”.
- Redmond: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Emerald Heights, 10901 176th Circle NE, Redmond, WA 98052. For information, contact John Waltner at (425) 556-8140.
- Auburn: 1st Tuesday of the month, 12:00 to 1:30 pm, Church of the Nazarene, 1225 29th St. SE, Room 15, Auburn, WA 98002. For information call Michael Bower (206) 569-7287.
- Des Moines: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Wesley Homes Health Center, 1122 S. 216th St. Des Moines, WA 98198. For information call Michael Byrd at (206) 870-1311.
- Enumclaw: On Hiatus. For information contact Linda Whiteside at (206) 529-3875.
- Federal Way: 1st Tuesday of the Month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, St. Francis Hospital, 34515 9th Ave. S., Education Room, Federal Way, WA 98003. For information contact Janet Ross, (253) 508-9044.
- Kent: 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kent Senior Center, 600 E. Smith, Kent WA 98030. For information call Michael Bower, (206) 569-7287.
- Renton: 4th Tuesday of the month, 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Valley Medical Arts Center, 4033 Talbot Rd. S., Renton, WA 98055. For information call Nancy Streiffert, (253) 796-2203.
- SeaTac: 3rd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, SeaTac Community Center, 13735 24th Ave. S. SeaTac, WA 98168. For information contact Gerry Crouch (206) 632-3985.
- Gig Harbor: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:00 - 11:30 am, Gig Harbor United Methodist Church, 7400 Pioneer Way, Gig Harbor, WA 98335. For information call Karen Hyde (360) 819-3642.
- Key Peninsula: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, The Mustard Seed Project, 9016 154th Ave. Ct. KPN, Lakebay, WA 98349. For information contact Ray Steiner, (253) 820-2213.
- Tacoma: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 S. Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409. For information contact Jacquelyn Whalen, (253) 922-3221.
- Tacoma: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Tacoma Lutheran Home, 1301 North Highlands Parkway, Tacoma, WA 98406. For information call Linda McCone at (253) 572-2875.
- Tacoma – Younger Onset Caregivers; 2nd Monday of the month, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, Skyline Presbyterian, 6301 Westgate Blvd., Tacoma, WA 98406. For information call Lisa Johnson at (253) 905-9269. “For caregivers of those with younger onset Alzheimer’s (65 years of age or under)”
- Puyallup: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 5:00 to 6:30 pm, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cancer Resource Center, 400 15th Ave. SE, Puyallup, WA 98372. For information call Michelle Holden, (253) 224-9208.
- University Place: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, United Church in University Place, 3912 Grandview Dr. W., University Place, WA 98466. For information contact Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Bonney Lake: 3rd Thursday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Bonney Lake Senior Center, 19306 Bonney Lake Blvd. E., Bonney Lake, WA 98391. For information contact Sue Hilberg at (360) 551-2002.
- Lakewood: 3rd Saturday of the month. 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 10630 Gravelly Lake Dr. SW., Lakewood, WA 98499. For information contact McKenzie Golden, (253) 271-4073.
- Lynnwood: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 am, Trinity Lutheran Church, 6215 196th St. SW, Room 202, Lynnwood, WA 98036. For information contact Alice Allen at (206) 529-3876.
- Snohomish: 2nd Thursday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Snohomish Senior Center, 506 Fourth St., Snohomish, WA 98290. For more information contact Sheri Pemberton at (425) 252-6873.
- Arlington/Marysville: 4th Saturday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Smokey Point Community Church, 17721 Smokey Point Blvd., Arlington, WA 98223. For information call Lou Ann Carter at (360) 722-1471.
- Mount Vernon: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm, Skagit Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 500 W Section St., Mount Vernon, WA 98273. For information call Cheryl McRill at (360) 899-4643
- Everett: 4th Tuesday of the month, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, The Everett Clinic, Monte Cristo Conference Room, 3830 Hoyt Ave., Everett, WA 98201. For information call Paula Townsell at (425) 346-8687.
- Everett: 1st Thursday of the month, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Hope Church at Silverlake, 11329 23rd Dr. SE, Everett, WA 98208. For information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 529-3875.
- Anacortes: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1300 9th St., Anacortes, WA 98221. For information call Ann Giboney at (360) 299-9569.
- Langley: 1st Tuesday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, South Whidbey Senior Center, 14594 SR 525, Langley, WA 98260. For information call Mel Watson at (360) 321-1600 ext. 29.
- Edmonds: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Room 302, Edmonds, WA 98020. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Edmonds: 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Maplewood Presbyterian Church, 19523 84th Ave. W, Edmonds, WA 98026. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Chimacum: 2nd Monday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Tri-Area Community Center, 10 West Valley Road, Chimacum, WA 98325. For information call Patricia Smith (360) 379-4186.
- Port Angeles: 2nd Monday of the month, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 East 7th St., Port Angeles, WA 98362. For information call Mardell Xavier at (360) 477-5511.
- Sequim: 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave., Room 401, Sequim, WA 98382. For information call Carol Lindley, (360) 683-5294.
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Presbyterian Church of Aberdeen, 420 N. Broadway St., Aberdeen, WA 98520. For information call Helen Morning Star at (360) 533-2277.
- Long Beach Peninsula/Ocean Park: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, Ocean Park Timberland Library, 1308 256th Place, Ocean Park, WA 98640. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Bremerton: 1st Monday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Harrison Support Services Building, Kitsap Room, 4205 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA 98310. For information call Karen Leader Scott at (360) 981-0237.
- Port Orchard: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente Port Orchard Medical Center, 1400 Pottery Ave., Port Orchard, WA 98366. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Poulsbo: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 to 3:00 pm, Martha and Mary Health Center, 19160 NE Front St., Poulsbo, WA 98370. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Silverdale: 1st Tuesday and 3rd Tuesday of the month, Silverdale Lutheran Church, Gathering Place, 11701 Ridgepoint Dr. NW, Silverdale, WA 98383. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Belfair: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, The HUB Center, 111 NE Old Belfair Hwy, Belfair, WA 98528. For information call Debra Jamerson at (360) 621-1110.
- Olympia: 1st Thursday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Capital Medical Center, Rainier Room, 3900 Capital Mall Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502. For information call Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Lacey: 4th Friday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2109 College St. SE, Lacey, WA 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Lacey: 2nd Thursday of the month, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Lacey Senior Center, 6757 Pacific Ave. SE, Lacey, WA, 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Longview-Evening: 3rd Thursday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente, Longview/Kelso Medical Office, Conference Room 6A, 1230 7th Ave., Longview, WA 98632. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Vancouver-Evening: Last Monday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente Salmon Creek Clinic, Conference Room 3, 14406 NE 20th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98686. For information call Lisa Rasmussen at (360) 281-2886.
May Staying Connected: Early Stage Memory Loss Group
All of the Staying Connected Groups are 4 consecutive, weekly 90min meetings and require a partner and preregistration with Madison Moore at (206 )529-3870.
- Merrill Gardens at Burien
Address: 15020 5th Ave SW, Burien, WA 98166, Thursday mornings: 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31
- Issaquah Senior Center
Address: 75 NE Creek Way, Issaquah, WA 98027, Wednesday afternoons on 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30