Northwest Prime Time Calendar of Events
Senior Boot Camp
Feb 4, 1pm, AARP Homefit helps you determine the accessibility and livability of your home for “aging in place;” learn simple do-it-yourself modifications, Aegis Gardens, 13056 SE 76th St, Newcastle, 425-903-3530.
Social Security Demystified
Feb 4, 6:30pm, learn how to optimize your benefits and potential for boosting your retirement income, Issaquah Library, 425-392-5430.
Free Classes for Seniors
Feb 6 at 10am Burien Community Ctr “Grab and Go Resource Books”; Feb 13 at 1pm “Ingredients for Longevity” Auburn Comm Ctr; Feb 14 at 1pm “Aging/Memory Care Planning IORA; Mar 3 at 10am “Brain Boost” Kent Senior Ctr; Mar 11 at 10:15am Dizziness in Older Adults NPCC; Mar 12 at 10am “Ingredients for Longevity” Des Moines Activity Center; Mar 18 at 12:30pm SeaTac Comm Ctr “Hospitalization Happens”; Mar 26 at 10am “Aging & Memory” Burien Comm Ctr; 253-945-1400.
Smartphones & Tablets 101
Feb 7, 2-3pm, bring your device and get guidance on how to use it, Kent Library, 253-859-3330.
Wills, Power of Attorney, Advance Directives & Estate Planning
Feb 11, 1pm, Attorney Glenn Price walks you through the importance of these documents, Presented by Eastside Legal Assistance Program, providing high quality, no-cost legal aid. Phone: (425) 747-7274.
Guided Cannabis Shopping for Seniors
Feb 12, Mar 11 10am, Curious about cannabis, marijuana and CBD? Join the team for free Wednesday events, 9am-10am coffee & conversation followed by in-store shopping at the Fremont store in Seattle, must RSVP (206-946-8157 or Service@SeattleHashtag.com). 3534 Stone Way N, Seattle, www.seattlehashtag.com/seniors
Senior Property Tax Relief
Feb 11, 3:30pm, see if you are eligible for property tax exemption, presented by King County Tax Assessor, Kingsgate Library, Kirkland 425-821-7686.
Free discussions for seniors, Feb 11 from 2-3pm “How Do We Know What to Do?” discuss the big decisions you’ve had to make in your life, Richmond Beach Library, 206-546-3522; “Overcoming Limitations & Changing How We See Them” Issaquah Senior Center, 75 NE Creek Way, 425-392-2381.
Feb 13, 6:30pm, Medicare Coach teaches you the basics and how to choose, including info on “the Donut Hole”; veterans benefits, the differences between plans, www.your-medicare-coach.com
Crone of Puget Sound
Feb 15, 1pm, “Retirement Living – An Overview” Wedgewood Church, 8008 35th Ave NE; Mar 21 membership meeting, Sunset West, 6535 Seaview Ave NW, Seattle, for info call Sonja 425-420-5262.
Avoiding ID Theft and Scams
Feb 18, 1pm, presented by Eastside Legal Assistance program, Newcastle Library, 425-255-0111.
Preparing for Long Term Care
Feb 27, 7pm, financial advisor from nonprofit org discusses the ins and outs of long term care, Bothell Library, 425-486-7811.
Arts for People with Memory Loss
Thru Mar 4, Ukulele Time, strum ukes, beat a drum, share stories, no experience needed; Edmonds Center for the Arts, to learn about this and other events, contact Katie at 425-275-9485,
Feb 13, 10-11:30am, free workshop on how to create your own legacy project, Kent Senior Activity Center, 600 E. Smith St, Kent, to register to free workshop call 253-856-5164.
Aging Well Learning Community
Feb 15, 10:30am, join the conversation! Snoqualmie Library, 425-888-1223.
Transportation for Seniors
Feb 24, 2-3pm, Sound Generations is available to discuss transportation options for seniors in the Shoreline area, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Des Moines Senior Center
Mar 1, 1pm, “Frozen” tickets on sale now! Also, classes (Computer & Cell Phone classes yoga, tai chi, enhanced fitness, AARP, “Active Shooters” class), day trips (upcoming trips include Seattle Chocolate Factory, Lawless Forge in Seattle), museums (Puppet Museum, Tacoma Art) Out to lunch at Bair Bistro in Steilacoom, Water’s Table in Lake, Mediterranean Breeze in Kent, 206-878-1642. www.desmoineswa.gov/seniors.
Call for free Cannabis 101 workshops at your senior center or community, or group tours of stores, 1-844-dock-420, www.docksidecannabis.com.
Northwest Center for Creative Aging
Many events for seniors, visit www.nwcreativeaging.org for calendar
NE Seattle Together
Many events for seniors, visit www.nestseattle.org for calendar
Parkinson’s Support Group
First Monday of every month at 2:30pm, Parkinson's Disease Support Group at Quail Park Memory Care of West Seattle. Call Cynthia or Michael at 206-455-8842. 4515 41st Ave SW, West Seattle. QPMCWestSeattle.com
Dementia Family Caregiver Conference
Feb 22, 9:30am-2:45pm FREE conference presented by Alz Assn is designed to provide tools and encouragement free to any unpaid dementia caregiver, resource tables open at 9am, Carl Gipson Senior Center, 3025 Lombard Ave, Everett, free but RSVP required 206-363-5500.
- Know the Ten Warning Signs: February 4, 10-11:00 a.m. Des Moines Community Center: 2045 S 216th St, Registration is not required, but is recommended. Please call 1-800-272-3900
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body: February 8, 10-11:30 a.m.Open Doors for Multicultural Families: 24437 Russell Rd #110, Kent, Registration is required. Please call or email at email@example.com or 253-391-9151
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia: February 13, 2-3:30 p.m. Bellevue YMCA: 14230 Bel-Red Rd, Bellevue, Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Please call 1-800-272-3900.
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia: February 19, , 10-11:30 a.m. Redmond City Hall: 15670 NE 85th St. Reservations are not required but are recommended. Please call 1-800-272-3900
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia: February 24, 1-2:30 p.m. Wallingford Senior Center: 4649 Sunnyside Ave N # 140, Seattle, Reservations are not required, but are recommended. Please call 1-800-272-3900
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias: January 10, 1-2:30 p.m. Lynnwood Senior Center: 19000 44th Ave W, Lynnwood, Registration is not needed, but is recommended. Please call 1-800-272-3900
Drop-In Genealogy Help
Feb 5, 6:30-9pm, get your questions answered Woodinville Heritage Society Museum, 14121 NE 171st St, Woodinville, Please email or call Lucy DeYoung at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-356-6852 if you are interested in attending or have questions.
Washington Women Win the Vote
Feb 1, 2-3pm, trace the history of women in our state winning the vote, as well as their role in the national effort, Richmond Beach Library, 206-546-3522.
Feb 1, 9:30am-3:30 pm, free celebration of arts for kids (and grandkids), musical performances, theatre, arts education workshops, activities for kids, free but RSVP 425-275-9595.
A Woman of Action
Feb 5, 7-8pm, learn about Dr. Nettie Asberry and her fight for Negro women’s fight for their rights, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Behind the Scenes at KUOW
Feb 6, 6pm, join host of KUOW The Record and Week in Review Bill Radke. Feb 11, 6pm “Covering the World – how to stay informed” discussion with KUOW’s content officer Jennifer Strachan – both at University Book Store, 4326 University Way NE; Feb 12, 3:30pm “Making a Podcast” Woodmont Library, 26809 Pacific Hwy, Des Moines; many more opportunities to meet and interact with KUOW staff – follow link to full schedule: https://kuow.org/stories/meet-the-newsmakers.
Lake Forest Park Garden Club
Feb 11, 9:15 meeting followed by speaker at 10:15 “Pruning for the Future” Town Center at Bothell & Ballinger Way NE, stage area
KCLS Speaker Series
Feb 12 at 3:30pm KUOW reporter Anna Boiko-Weyrauch discusses about creating a podcast at the Woodmont Library 26809 Pac Hwy S Des Moines; Feb 13 at 7pm KUOW reporter Patricia Murphy talks about young people’s perception of guns & violence and the county’s plans to address these issues Bothell Library 18215 98th Ave NE, free.
Preserved Floral Workshop
Feb 15 (register by Feb 8), 11-noon, create one-of-a-kind flower shadow boxes, includes shadow box frame and preserved flowers and foliage, all tools and supplies provided, $210, KOBO on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, (206) 381-3000.
Alzheimer’s Advocacy Day
Feb 18, 10am-3:15pm, training and lunch then meet in teams with state senators and reps to share stories to fund Alz ,transportation form King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties available, www.alzwa.org/advocacyday or call Dr. Peter Newbould, at 206-529-3867.
Free Yoga for Beginners
Feb 19 (beginner’s yoga); Feb 26 (relaxation); Mar 4 (back pain); Mar 11 (strength), all classes are from 7-8pm, Shoreline Library 206-362-7550.
Washington State Patriotic Day
Feb 22, 2pm, “Massing of the Colors” Corps Band, flag units, free, Stadium High School Gymnasium, 111 North “E” Street, Tacoma, www.wa-shingtonstatepatrioticday.org
Glass Show & Sale
Feb 29, 9am-4:30pm glass, jewelry, collectibles, pottery china, ID & Repair, $3, free parking, Kent Commons, 525 4th Ave N, Kent, 253-852-5250.
March, 2pm “Entertaining the Troops in War Time: The Early History of Armed Forces Radio” St. John United Lutheran Church, 5515 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, www.repsonline.org
Mar 16, 6-9pm, Pulitzer Prize winning author keynotes King County Library System Gala emceed by Nancy Pearl, Hyatt Regency Bellevue, 900 Bellevue Way NE. $250 each; www.kclsfoundation.org/literarylionsgala or call 425-369-3225.
Learn & Play Music
All abilities welcome to visit the Music Center to learn and play – featuring chorale and vocal jazz, string orchestra, rock, winds, jazz, 901 N. 96th St, Seattle, 206-526-8443, www.musiccenternw.org.
The American War
Feb 6-Mar 21, on view at King Street Station, artwork, historic photos and video examines the aftermath of the Vietnam War in Vietnam, ARTS at King Street Station, 303 S. Jackson Street, Top Floor, Seattle, WA 98104. Free Admission; Open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; First Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Celebrate the Reopening of the Seattle Asian Art Museum
Feb 29, 2-3pm, presentation by art historian about the spaces and exhibitions at the newly renovated museum in Volunteer Park, Lake Forest Park Library, 206-362-8860.
Theater & Musicals & Dance
Black Box Theatre
Box Theatre at Edmonds Community College, 425-640-1448. www.blackboxedcc.org.
Feb 7-Mar 1, “Wonder of the World” called by NY Times whimsical, playfully wicked, 9673 Firdale Dave, Edmonds, 206.533.2000, www.tptedmonds.org
Feb 7-Mar 1, Disney hit Frozen, 1-800-982-2787, www.STGPresents.org.
Tacoma Little Theatre
Thru Feb 9, “Shattering” world premiere, 210 N “I” St, Tacoma, 253-272-2281, www.tacomalittletheatre.com.
Film Adaptions & Discussions
Feb 9 “Blade Runner”; Feb 23 “Age of Innocence”; Mar 1 “25th Hour” following each screening a moderated discussion, Edmonds Library, 650 Main St, free.
Feb 13-Mar 8, The Turn of the Screw “A Haunting Tale of Delicious Dreadfulness” the Center Theatre at Seattle Center, 206-216-0833, www.book-it.org
Feb 14-Mar 1, “Pride & Prejudice” Edmonds, 425-774-9600, www.edmondsdriftwoodplayers.org
Second Story Repertory
Thru Feb 16, Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw, 425-881-6777, www.secondstoryrep.org.
Feb 20-22 at 8pm, Brazil's leading contemporary dance company returns to Meany Center on campus at UW, 206-543-4880.
Thru Feb 23 World premiere “Let There Be Love” mash-up of D.H. Lawrence’s Sons and Lovers and the Greek myth of Eros and Psyche meet online dating vs matchmaking, http://www.centerstagetheatre.com/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=240
Feb 28-Mar 29, August Wilson’s “Jitney” (Best Revival of a Play award winner) about 1970s Pittsurgh’s Black Hill district when cabs refused to service the community, 206.443.2222, www.SeattleRep.org
Thru Mar 22 see the musical comedy hit that inspired the movie You’ve Got Mail “She Loves Me” an endearing touch of old-world elegance “the most romantic of all Broadway musicals”, Issaquah thru Feb 23 – ph: 425-392-2202; Everett Feb 28-Mar 22 – ph: 425-257-8600. www.VillageTheatre.org.
Village Theatre Hansel & Gretl & Heidi & Gunter
New musical about Gretl (yes that Gretl) is now a single mom in modern day Chicago suffering from trauma of fairytale childhood, her modern kids dream of a normal childhood, but Uncle Hansel shows up and the family is plunged into unexpected adventure, TICKETS
Choral & Classical
Fulton Street Chamber Players
Feb 4, 7pm varied ensemble of Seattle Symphony players & other professional musicians perform a Beethoven quartet, $20-$25 includes wine reception, Seattle Athenaeum, 93 Pike St, #307, Seattle, tickets: Fulton Street Players by Folio: The Seattle Athenaeum, Parking tips and map: http://www.folioseattle.org/plan-your-visit
Feb 7, 7:30pm Epiphany Parish, Seattle, TICKETS
Feb 9, 3pm, That Magnificent Mozart, followed by dinner at 6 for those interested, 206-270-9729 www.everettphil.org
Early Music Seattle
Feb 9, 2:30pm (pre-concert talk at 1:30pm) Ensemble Caprice Vivaldi’s Motezuma Town Hall, 1119 8th Ave in Seattle, TICKETS
Bryon Schenkman & Friends
Feb 9, 7pm, “Baroque Bacchanalia, Benaroya Hall, www.byronandfriends.org
Pacifica Chamber Orchestra
Feb 9, 3pm, “Modern Not Mozart” features works of 20th & 21st Centuries, Trinity Episcopal Church, 2301 Hoyt Ave, Everett, $15-$20,
St. James Cathedral Concert
Feb 21 at 7:30pm, Cathedral Organist Joseph Adam: 2020 Complete Vierne Organ Works, Symphony No. 2 and the masterful Symphony No. 3; More info: www.stjames-cathedral.org/music/Concerts/AdamFeb2020.aspx
email@example.com or 206-382-4874.
Feb 22-Mar 7, “Charlie Parker’s Yardbird: operatic tale of a jazz legend” 206-389-7676. www.seattleopera.org
Feb 28, 29, Mar 1, 6, 7, 8 Satire based on Simon Stephen’s timeless tale, Brown Paper Tickets : https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4437503 and at the door. Free Parking. Drinks and light refreshments available one hour before show time.
Music of Remembrance
Mar 1, 5:30pm, chamber music concert featuring historic Holocaust era Violins of Hope, Benaroya Hall, www.musicofremembrance.org.
Bellevue Chamber Chorus
Mar 7, 7:30pm Covenant Presbyterian Church, Issaquah & Mar 8, 3pm, First United Methodist Church, Bellevue, Finding Home: The Sense of Belonging (from Paul Simon to Brahms); May 16, 7:30pm, First Congregational Church, Bellevue & May 17, 3pm, First United Methodist Church, Bellevue, International Poetry Extravaganza (history’s greatest wordsmiths in word and song) Special Senior prices available. 425-522-3436. www.bellevuechamberchorus.org.
Seattle Choral Company
March 14, an evening with Franz Shubert, First Free Methodist Church, 3200 3rd Ave W, Seattle, https://www.seattlechoralcompany.org/schubert
Master Chorus Eastside
Mar 15, 3pm, “The Road Home” thru folk, hymns, spirituals and sacred 17th century music, Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, 24850 SE Issaquah Fall City Road, Sammamish 425-392-8446, www.masterchoruseastside.org
Seattle Jazz Vespers
First Sundays, Feb 9 (date change this month) 6pm, Clave Gringa Quintet; Seattle First Baptist on First Hill, Harvard & Seneca, free parking, free-will offering.
Wintergrass Festival Preview
Feb 8, 2pm, performance & jam session (bring your instrument and join in!) Edmonds Plaza Room above Edmonds Library, free.
Mark & Maggie O'Connor
Feb 14 at 8pm; songbook of America, Meany Center on campus at UW, 206-543-4880
David Sanborn Jazz Quartet
Feb 20-23, Jazz Alley, www.jazzalley.com
Beatles vs. Stones
Feb 23, 7pm, tribute bands for the Beatles and Stones stage a musical showdown, Edmonds Center for the Arts, Tickets are $45/$55/$65 and may be purchased online at www.edmondscenterforthearts.org by phone at 425.275.9595
Social Dance (call in advance to confirm social dance events)
Saturday Feb 22- Benefit at Sno-King International Folk Dance Club with music from Folk Voice Band. All proceeds matched and given to Youth Fund of NFDI, sending youth to Stockton Dance Camp. Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave. w., Lynnwood. $8.00. 425-610-9393. www.sno-king.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sno-King Folk Dances
Wed & Sat 7-9pm (til 9:30 Sat), Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave W, Lynnwood, $6-$8, 425-610-9393, www.sno-king.org.
Everett Normanna Lodge Dances
Mon&Thur, 1-3pm, live music by Bob’s Dance Band, no partner needed, free parking, $7, 425-252-0291, 2725 Oakes St, Everett.
- Seattle – Ballard: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, 3rd Floor North Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107, for information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776
- Seattle – Adults Caring for Parents: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, 2 Center Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107, for information call Adrian Linton, (206) 276-4234. “For adults caring for parents.”
- Seattle – Northeast: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Maple Leaf Lutheran Church, 10005 32nd Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98125, for information call Maggie Pheasant at (206) 841-8537
- Shoreline: 2nd Friday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1315 N. 160th St., Shoreline, WA 98133. For information call Tricia Kostis at (206) 783-4189
- King County Chinese Speaking Caregivers: 1st Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Chinese Information Service Center, 611 S. Lane St. Room C, Seattle, WA 98104. For information call Catherine Wong at (206) 957-8518. “For Chinese-speaking caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – for Frontotemporal Dementia: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, University Congregational United Church of Christ, 4515 16th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105, for information call Karin Miller (206) 915-6682. “For caregivers caring for people with Frontotemporal Dementia”.
- Seattle – Wallingford – Lewy Body Dementia: 4th Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, St. Benedict Parish, Pastoral Office Ground Floor, 1805 N. 49th St., Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Rena Ferretti at (206) 473-2565.
- Seattle – Green Lake, 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Bethany Community Church, Community Life Center Bldg., Adams Room 301, 8023 Green Lake Drive North, Seattle, WA 98103. For information, contact Linda Whiteside, 206-380-4776
- Seattle – Northeast, Men’s Coffee Discussion Group; 3rd Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 11:30 at Wedgwood Presbyterian Church, 8008 35th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115. For information call Don Desonier at (206) 779-1634. “For male spouses.”
- Seattle – Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:30 – 12:00 am, Swedish Medical Center-Ballard, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107. For information call Martha Dale, (206) 200-0180. “For Long-Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – Adults Caring for Younger Onset Parents: 2nd Monday of the month, 7:00 -9:00 pm, Queen Anne Lutheran Church, 2800 8th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119. For information call Wendy Nathan at (206) 422-5004. “Open to adult children of Younger-Onset (65 or under) parents.”
- Seattle – Younger-Onset Caregivers: 1st Monday of the month, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Home Street Bank, Community Room, 7307 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776. “Open to caregivers of people with Younger-Onset (65 or under) memory loss.”
- Seattle – LGBT Caregivers: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Home Street Bank, Community Room, 7307 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Mandi Gunderson at (206) 471-2352. “For LGBT Caregivers”
- Seattle – Ravenna, Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Monday of the month, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115. For information call Marian Sheehan at (206) 860-3656. “For Long Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Columbia City: 4th Tuesday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Kaiser Permanente Rainier Medical Center, Conference Room, 5316 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98118. For information call Janet Ceballos (206) 940-2802.
- Seattle – West Seattle: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, and 4th Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Providence Mount St. Vincent, Breakfast Room, 4831 35th Ave. SW, Seattle, WA 98126. For more information call Martha Smith at (206) 937-3701, ext. 28578.
- Seattle – Madrona/Mt. Baker: 3rd Thursday of the Month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, St. Clement’s Episcopal Church, 1501 32nd Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98133. For information call Muriel Moore, (989) 350-1228.
- Vashon Island: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Vashon Presbyterian Church, 17708 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070. For information call Regina Lyons at (206) 355-3123.
- Bothell: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Lutheran Church of Bothell, 10207 NE 183rd St., Bothell, WA 98011. For information call Debbie Williams, (206) 965-5404.
- Bellevue: 3rd Monday of the month, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Overlake Senior Health Center, 1750 112th Ave. NE, Hidden Valley Office Park, Bldg. 1, Ste. A101, Bellevue, WA 98004. For information call Regina Bennett, (425) 502-9829.
- Bellevue: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Bellevue Family YMCA, 14230 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information contact Ruth Hansing at (206) 232-2537.
- Bellevue – For Younger-Onset Caregivers, 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, St. Andrews Lutheran Church, Room 1E2, 2650 148th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information call Bill Lukov at (206) 367-4895.
- Bellevue – For Spanish-Speaking Caregivers: 1st Thursday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Lake Hills Library, Meeting Room, 15590 Lake Hills Blvd, Bellevue, WA 98007. For more information, call Claudia Cruz at (425) 598-5436.
- Kirkland: 3rd Tuesday of the Month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church, Multipurpose Room, 7525 132nd Ave. NE, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information contact Rosemary Reid at (425) 820-0134.
- Kirkland – Adults Caring for Parents: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Kirkland Congregational Church, Common Room, 106 5th, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information call Mariana Fisher at (425) 492-5188. “For Adult Children caring for parents with memory loss”.
- Redmond: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Emerald Heights, 10901 176th Circle NE, Redmond, WA 98052. For information, contact John Waltner at (425) 556-8140.
- Auburn: 1st Tuesday of the month, 12:00 to 1:30 pm, Church of the Nazarene, 1225 29th St. SE, Room 15, Auburn, WA 98002. For information call Val Brustad (253) 854-7658.
- Des Moines: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Wesley Homes Health Center, 1122 S. 216th St. Des Moines, WA 98198. For information call Michael Byrd at (206) 870-1311.
- Federal Way: 1st Tuesday of the Month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, St. Francis Hospital, 34515 9th Ave. S., Education Room, Federal Way, WA 98003. For information contact Janet Ross, (253) 508-9044.
- Kent: 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kent Senior Center, 600 E. Smith, Kent WA 98030. For information call Val Brustad, (253) 854-7658.
- Renton: 4th Tuesday of the month, 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Valley Medical Arts Center, 4033 Talbot Rd. S., Renton, WA 98055. For information call Nancy Streiffert, (253) 796-2203.
- SeaTac: 3rd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, SeaTac Community Center, 13735 24th Ave. S. SeaTac, WA 98168. For information contact Gerry Crouch (206) 632-3985.
- Gig Harbor: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:00 - 11:30 am, Gig Harbor United Methodist Church, 7400 Pioneer Way, Gig Harbor, WA 98335. For information call Mark Anderson at (253) 549-3822.
- Key Peninsula: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, The Mustard Seed Crandall Center, 9016 154th Ave. Ct. NW, Lakebay, WA 98349. For information contact Debra Jamerson, (360) 621-1110.
- Tacoma: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 S. Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409. For information contact Jacquelyn Whalen, (253) 922-3221.
- Tacoma – Younger Onset Caregivers; 2nd Monday of the month, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, Skyline Presbyterian, 6301 Westgate Blvd., Tacoma, WA 98406. For information call Lisa Johnson at (253) 905-9269. “For caregivers of those with younger onset Alzheimer’s (65 years of age or under)”
- Tacoma—Evening: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community, Apartment Conference Room, 1301 N Highlands Parkway, Tacoma, WA 98406. For information, contact Maggie Christofferson at (206) 529-3884.
- Puyallup: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 5:00 to 6:30 pm, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cancer Resource Center, 400 15th Ave. SE, Puyallup, WA 98372. For information call Michelle Holden, (253) 224-9208.
- University Place: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, United Church in University Place, 3912 Grandview Dr. W., University Place, WA 98466. For information contact Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Bonney Lake: 4th Monday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Bonney Lake Senior Center, 19306 Bonney Lake Blvd. E., Bonney Lake, WA 98391. For information contact Sue Hilberg at (360) 551-2002.
- Lakewood: 3rd Saturday of the month. 10:00 am to 11:30 pm, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 10630 Gravelly Lake Dr. SW., Lakewood, WA 98499. For information contact McKenzie Golden, (253) 271-4073.
- Lynnwood: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 am, Trinity Lutheran Church, 6215 196th St. SW, Room 202, Lynnwood, WA 98036. For information contact Alice Allen-Redfern at (206) 529-3876.
- Lynnwood—Down Syndrome Caregivers: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter, 19031 33rd Ave W Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036. For more information, contact Hannah Wishnek, (206) 529-3888. “For caregivers of those with Down Syndrome exhibiting memory loss”
- Mountlake Terrace: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Mountlake Terrace Community Senior Center, 23000 Lakeview Drive, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043. For information contact Sammie Fick, (206) 393-8393.
- Snohomish: 2nd Thursday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Snohomish Senior Center, 506 Fourth St., Snohomish, WA 98290. For more information contact Sheri Pemberton at (425) 252-6873..
- Arlington/Marysville: 4th Saturday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Smokey Point Community Church, 17721 Smokey Point Blvd., Arlington, WA 98223. For information call Lou Ann Carter at (360) 722-1471.
- Mount Vernon: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm, Skagit Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 500 W Section St., Mount Vernon, WA 98273. For information call Cheryl McRill at (360) 899-4643
- Everett: 1st Thursday of the month, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Hope Church at Silver Lake, 11329 23rd Dr. SE, Everett, WA 98208. For information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776.
- Anacortes: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1300 9th St., Anacortes, WA 98221. For information call Ann Giboney at (360) 299-9569.
- Edmonds: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Room 302, Edmonds, WA 98020. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Edmonds: 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Maplewood Presbyterian Church, 19523 84th Ave. W, Edmonds, WA 98026. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Port Hadlock: 2nd Monday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Port Hadlock Community United Methodist Church, 130 Church Lane, Port Hadlock, WA 98339. For information call Patricia Smith (360) 379-4186.
- Port Angeles: 2nd Monday of the month, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 East 7th St., Port Angeles, WA 98362. For information call Mardell Xavier at (360) 477-5511.
- Sequim: 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave., Room 401, Sequim, WA 98382. For information call Carolyn Lindley, (360) 683-5294.
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Presbyterian Church of Aberdeen, 420 N. Broadway St., Aberdeen, WA 98520. For information call Helen Morning Star at (360) 533-2277.
- Long Beach Peninsula/Ocean Park: 3rd Monday of the month, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, Ocean Park Timberland Library, 1308 256th Place, Ocean Park, WA 98640. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Bremerton: 1st Monday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Harrison Support Services Building, Kitsap Room, 4205 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA 98310. For information call Karen Leader Scott at (360) 981-0237.
- Port Orchard: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente Port Orchard Medical Center, 1400 Pottery Ave., Port Orchard, WA 98366. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Poulsbo: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 to 3:00 pm, Martha and Mary Health Center, 19160 NE Front St., Poulsbo, WA 98370. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Silverdale: 1st Tuesday of the month, 10:30-12:00, Silverdale Lutheran Church, Gathering Place, 11701 Ridgepoint Dr. NW, Silverdale, WA 98383. For information call Patti Denman at (206) 402-9857
- Kingston: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Village Green Community Center, The Meeting Room, 26159 Dulay Rd NE, Kingston, WA 98346. For more information, call Lori Gordon at (206) 910-9870.
- Bainbridge Island: 2nd Wednesday of the month. 2:30 – 4:00 pm, Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN), 8890 Three Tree Lane NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. For more information, call Lori Gordon at (206) 910-9870.
- Belfair: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, The HUB Center, 111 NE Old Belfair Hwy, Belfair, WA 98528. For information call Debra Jamerson at (360) 621-1110.
- Olympia: 1st Thursday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Capital Medical Center, Rainier Room, 3900 Capital Mall Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502. For information call Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Lacey: 4th Friday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2109 College St. SE, Lacey, WA 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Lacey: 2nd Thursday of the month, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Lacey Senior Center, 6757 Pacific Ave. SE, Lacey, WA, 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Longview-Evening: 3rd Thursday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente, Longview/Kelso Medical Office, Conference Room 6A, 1230 7th Ave., Longview, WA 98632. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Longview-Kelso: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 10:30am – 12:00 pm, YMCA of Southwest Washington, 766 15th Ave, Longview, WA 98632. For information call Beth Bonnett, (360) 423-1334.