Northwest Prime Time Calendar of Events
Volunteer Tutor Training
Oct and Nov training, Change a Life! Become a Volunteer Tutor, teach an adult to read, write and/or speak English, includes training, matching you to student and providing ongoing support, presented by the Tacoma Area Literacy Council, call 253-272-2471 for info or visit www.tacomaliteracy.org
Harbor Place Events
Sept 3 from 4:30-5:30pm “Aging Smart Medicare Options” free and open to the public RSVP 253-732-3292 www.AgingSmartEducationalWorkshops.org; Sept 11 at 6pm outdoor concert “Blue Grass Minstrels” free and open to all; Sept 24 at noon free seminar and lunch – topic: “Skin Cancer Prevention & Treatment” free but RSVP 253-853-3354; Sept 26 from 11:30-1:30pm Parkinson’s Exercise Group and Lunch - RSVP at 253.853.8466; Harbor Place is located at 1016 29th St NW, Gig Harbor, www.HarborPlaceRetirement.com
Baby Boomer Boot Camp
Sept 8, 1-5pm best practices and guideilnes for growing older, Issaquah Senior Center, for info call 425-392-2381.
Free discussions for seniors, Sept 10, 2-3:30pm “What Are Your Truths About Aging?” Richmond Beach Library 206-546-3522; Sept 16, 10:30-noon “Being Grateful Today” Shoreline Library 206-362-7550; Sept 20, 1pm “Letting Go” Issaquah Senior Center for info 425-392-2381; Sept 26 “Rise and Shine” starting the day with enthusiasm and sense of purpose” Bellevue Main Club RSVP 425-452-4106; Sept 27, 10am “Strategy for a Full Life” Redmond Library 425-885-1861.
Guided Cannabis Shopping for Seniors
Sept 11, Oct 9 & Nov 13, 10am, Curious about cannabis, marijuana and CBD? Join the team for free Wednesday events, 9am-10am coffee & conversation followed by in-store shopping at the Fremont store in Seattle, must RSVP (206-946-8157 or Service@SeattleHashtag.com). 3534 Stone Way N, Seattle, www.seattlehashtag.com/seniors
Participate in Your Own Healthcare
Sept 11, 10:30am, how to seek better choice and control in healthcare decision making, Lake Hills Library, 425-747-3350.
Take Control of Your Aging Journey
Sept 13, 2-3:30pm, seminar to help you draft a road map for how to plan as you age including financial concerns, housing, legal considerations, heath care concerns, family issues, presented by Elder Law attorney and certified care manager, free, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Medicare Made Clear
Sept 18, 7pm at Newport Way Library and Sept 24 at 7pm Mercer Island Library.
Crone of Puget Sound
Sept 21,1pm “Avoiding Scams” presented by AARP, free – guests welcome, Wedgwood Presbyterian Church, 8008 35th Ave NE free and guests welcome, for info call Sonja
Sept 21, 10am for those needing a simple will, power of attorney or advanced medical directive, attorneys and notaries available for pre-screened clients RSVP 425-747-7274, ex 209 Redmon Library.
Fall Prevention Day
Sept 24, 10am-1pm, presentations and resources, demos giveaways, free and open to the public, You have the power to prevent falls! Morgan Family YMCA (membership not needed), 1002 S. Pearl St, Tacoma, 253-798-4600.
Aging Out Loud
Sept 24, free conference providing info and resources about LGBT affordable housing, long-term care, health and mental care and LGBT-specific estate planning, McGavick Conf Ctr, Clover Park Technical College, Lakewood, info at https://bpt.me/4309747.
Seasons Speakers Series for Seniors
Sept 26, 2-3pm (series runs 4th Thurs thru Nov), “Explore your Medicare Options and Open Enrollment” at Ballard NW Senior Center 5429 32nd NW, Seattle; for more info or to RSVP to these free events call Lynn at 206-361-2758, sponsored by Foundation House.
Understanding Social Security
Sept 26, 7pm, Newport Way Library, 425-747-2390.
Ignite Aging Symposium
Sept 27, noon-4pm, speakers on healthy aging presented by UW School of Nursing, free, UW Center for Urban Horticulture, register events.uw.edu/IgniteAging2019 or call 206-616- 4276.
Tech Talk for Seniors
Sept 29, 1:30pm bring your smart phone, iPad, laptop and questions, free, Newport Way Library, 425-747-2390.
Walk to End Alzheimer's
Please sign up for Alzheimer Walks: Everett Sept 7, Tacoma Sept 15, Olympia Sept 22, Seattle Sept 28, Redmond October 6. Sponsored by the Alzheimer's Association. 1-800-272-3900. www.alz.org/walk
Des Moines Activity Center
Oct 10, 7pm Aviation Series “Flight Girls” with author Noelle Salazar, 2045 S. 216th St, Des Moines; sign up now for Adult Adventures! Upcoming events include the Washington State Fair, Fall City Wallaby Ranch, Bellewood Farms in Lynden, Issaquah Salmon Hatchery. Sign up at 206-878-1642 or visit www.desmoineswa.gov/217/Senior-Services.
Alzheimer’s Assc. Events
Sept 10, 1-2:30pm “Healthy Living for your Brain and Body” Ballard Senior Center in Seattle; Sept 16, 6-7pm “Ten Warning Signs” Woodmont Library in Des Moines; Sept 19, 6-7:30pm “Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia” GenPride in Seattle; Sept 23, 6-7:30pm “Ten Warning Signs” presented in Spanish Woodmont Library in Des Moines; free but RSVP 1-800-272-3900.
Guided Cannabis Shopping for Seniors
Sept 11, 10am, Curious about cannabis, marijuana and CBD? Join the team for free Wednesday events, 9am-10am coffee & conversation followed by in-store shopping at the Fremont store in Seattle, must RSVP (206-946-8157 or Service@SeattleHashtag.com). 3534 Stone Way N, Seattle, www.seattlehashtag.com/seniors
Heart Failure Seminar
Sept 11, 10am, a medical professional will provide the most current information available, free lunch provided, Pt Defiance-Ruston Senior Center, 4716 N. Baltimore, Tacoma, RSVP www.HFaware.com or call 1-866-218-5602.
Prostate Awareness Men’s Breakfast
Sept 21, 10am-noon, speakers, Q&A panel, blood pressure screening, free, Greater Heights COGIC Church, 4819 S 12th St. in Tacoma, for more info contact Ameeda at 253-753-5413.
Healthy Living Expo
Sept 25, 10am-2pm, Spirit/Mind/Body Health Expo for older adults, free info/giveaways and screenings, Tom Taylor Family YMCA, 10550 Harbor Hill Dr, Gig Harbor.
Pierce County Alzheimer’s Caregiver Conference
Sept 28, doors open at 8am program runs 9am-1pm, free event includes nutritional health, brain health, and natural or holistic methods related to Alzheimer’s, local exhibitors will include memory care facilities, legal providers, care management companies, medical sources and information providers, Bellarmine Prep, Connelly Student Center, 2300 S. Washington St in Tacoma. RSVP 253-798-8787 or for more information call the Pierce County Aging and Disability Resource Center at 253-798-4600.
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Conference
Sept 28, 9am sharp to 1pm (doors open at 8am), focus on nutritional and brain health, holistic methods, refreshments provided, Bellarmine Prep, 2300 S. Washington St, Tacoma, 253-798-8787.
NEST Senior Events
Click on link for list of events open to the public and more info: https://nestseattle.org/wp-content/uploads/Newsletter-Sep19.pdf
In the Kitchen with Grandma
Sept 9, 7pm $5 for non-members Eastside Foursquare Church, 14520 100th Ave NE Bothell;
Almost Antiques Guild
Sept 12, 2-3pm, for collectors – bring something to show and tell, free, Richmond Beach Library, 206-546-3522.
Puget Sound Bird Fest
Sept 13-15, annual festival with speakers, field trips, boat tours and educational activities & exhibits, live raptor presentation, keynote address by nature photographer and Master Birder Tom Boyer, many activities centered around Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St, Edmonds, 425-771-7724, www.pugetsoundbirdfest.org.
Odd and Innovative Transportation Ideas from the Pacific Northwest
Sept 13, 3pm Explore the history and culture of travel in Washington state—from canoe journeys to flying cars with author Harriet Baskas; Steilacoom Historical Museum, 1801 Rainier St, Steilacoom.
75th Anniversary Shoreline Schools
Sept 14, 2-3pm, view photos and research from historical museum, free, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Sept 12, 6-8pm, guided meditative walk, meet at Seattle’s Discovery Park Info Center, Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mindtravel-silenthike-in-seattle-through-discovery-park-tickets-65590893127
Drop-In Genealogy Help
Sept 25, 2-4pm, free, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Pike Place Market Tour
Saturdays thru Sep 28, 8:20am-10am, tour the back streets and alleys of market, includes talk on history, art & hidden features, $8-$15, www.friendsofthemarket.net/tours
Homelessness in King County
Sept 28, 2-3pm, KUOW’s Kate Walters reports on this issue and plans to address it, free, Shoreline Library, 206-362-7550.
Duwamish Brunch and Art Auction
Oct 11, noon-3pm, for more info call 206-431- 1582. www.duwamishtribe.org.
Seeking Vendors for Holiday Market
Holiday Market takes place at Northshore Senior Center, Nov 1, 9am-4pm and Nov 2, 9am-3pm. We are seeking vendors who have handmade arts, crafts and fine arts. These must be made by vendor selling items. Tables available 8 foot for $75, 6 foot for $60, 3 foot for $30. Information and application can be obtained by visiting website http://www.northshoresenior.org or by calling Suzanne at 425-488-1599. Northshore Senior Center is located at 10201 East Riverside Dr., Bothell.
Garden & Outdoor Events
Lake Forest Park Garden Club
Sept 10, 9:15am mtg 10:30am speaker “Healthy Soil, Happy Garden” upper level LFP Town Center stage area, Ballinger Way NE & Bothell Way NE,
Cascadia Art Museum
Thru Oct 13 “Paintings from the Palouse: Art of Andrew Hofmeister spanning five decades;” also “The Photography of Yukio Morinaga – first solo exhibit of works by Seattle photographer active in the 1920s, 190 Sunset Ave S, Edmonds, 425-336-4809, www.cascadiaartmuseum.org
NW Watercolor Society
Thru Oct 6, on annual exhibition on display at the Convention Center in Seattle, www.nwws.org
Seattle Art Museum
Thru Sept 8 “Victorian Radicals: From the pre-Raphaelites to the Arts&Crafts Movement” 206-654-3100, www.seattleartmuseum.org
Museum of History & Industry
Thru Oct 14, “Seattle Style” history of clothing in Seattle, 206-324-1126.
Wash State History Museum
Thru Dec 1, Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit “A New Moon Rises” large scale images of the moon; also “Little Black Dress – Fashion Evolution” 1911 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, www.WashingtonHistory.org
Thru Jan 4, “Prince from Minneapolis” 206-770-2700, www.MoPop.org,
Theater & Musical Theater
The Village Theatre
2019-2020 Season. Opening Sept 12: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Guys & Dolls, She Loves Me. Hansel & Gretel & Heidi & Gunter. The Wedding Singer. Enter by Sept 30 to win free tickets! Subscribe early for best price and seats. Issaquah 425-392-2202; Everett 425-257-8600. www.VillageTheatre.org.
Black Box Theatre
Saturdays Oct 5-Nov 9, 7pm Slam-Dunk Improv, and Fiasco at 8:30pm. Edmonds Community College. Senior and group discounts available. Concerts, lectures, performances and more. Tickets and information, blackboxedcc.org or 425-640-1448.
Flying Karamazov Brothers
Sept 19-Oct 6, juggling, acrobatic theatre, Seattle’s Broadway Performance Hall, 1625 Broadway, $45-$65, 360-385-0519, www.fkb.com
Bellevue Chamber Chorus
2019-2020 Season. Dec 21, 7:30pm & December 22, 3pm, Hope in a Pan American Christmas: North Meets South. Mar 7, 7:30pm & Mar 8, 3pm, Finding Home: the Sense of Belonging. May 16th 7:30pm & May 17, 3pm International Poetry Extravaganza. Special Senior Prices Available. 425-522-3436. www.bellevuechamberchorus.org.
Seattle Wind Symphony
Oct 6, Hauntings, Shorewood Performing Arts Center, 17300 Fremont Ave N, Shoreline. Nov 11, Honoring Our Veterans. Feb 9, Exotic Escapes. May 3, Out of This World. July 1, Star-Spangled Spectacular. Ticket & concert information, www.Seattlewindsymphony.org
Everett Philharmonic Orchestra
Oct 13, Masterworks. Dec 1, Music for the Imagination! Feb 9, That Magnificent Mozart! May 3, Listener's Choice. Low prices! Everett Civic Auditorium, 2415 Colby Ave. 206-270-9729. www.everettphil.org.
2019-2020 Season. Celebrating Beethoven’s 250th birthday! Oct 19, Romeo & Juliet. Nov 23, George Li Plays Rachmaninoff. Dec 8, Holiday Favorites with choir. Dec 20, Messiah. Feb 22, Beethoven's Erocia and the Electric Universe. Mar 21, Ludwig AND Beethoven. Ap 18, Mahler's Titan. May 9, Celebrating the Roaring Twenties. June 6, Mozart's Requiem with chorus. Tickets, 253-591-5894 or www.symphonytacoma.org.
Edmonds Center for the Arts
Sep 26, Naturally 7 a capella. Oct 12 Kelly Hall-Tompkins violin soloist. Nov 15 Rodney Crowell country singer/songwriter. 410 Fourth Avenue North, Edmonds. 425-275-9595. www.ec4arts.org.
Sept 2, Washington State Fair in Puyallup, $30-$55, 1-888-559-3245, www.thefair.com/fun/details/the-beach-boys
Hops & Crops Music Festival
Sept 14, noon-6pm, age 21+ only, live music & 30 craft beers & ciders, lawn games & food trucks, $10-$20, Mary Olson Farm, Auburn, www.wrvmuseum.org/hopsandcrops
Hall & Oats
Sept 14, Washington State Fair in Puyallup, 1-888-559-3247.
A Capella Concert
Oct 6, 6pm, free gospel music concert & reception, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2531 Hoyt Ave, Everett, 425-252-3757.
Look for other arts, theater and music listings on pages 10 and 11, including Northwest Prime Time Arts & Entertainment advertisers!
Social Dance (call in advance to confirm social dance events)
First & Third Fridays, class at 7:30pm, social dance 8:30-11pm, Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave W, Lynnwood, 425-954-5262, www.skandia-folkdance.org
Sno-King Folk Dances
Wed & Sat 7-9pm, Cedar Valley Grange, 20526 52nd Ave W, Lynnwood, $6-$8, 949-646-7082m www.sno-king.org.
Everett Normanna Lodge Dances
Mon&Thur, 1-3pm, live music by Bob’s Dance Band, no partner needed, free parking, $7, 425-252-0291, 2725 Oakes St, Everett.
- Seattle – Ballard: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, 3rd Floor North Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107, for information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776
- Seattle – Adults Caring for Parents: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, 2 Center Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107, for information call Adrian Linton, (206) 276-4234. “For adults caring for parents.”
- Seattle – Northeast: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Maple Leaf Lutheran Church, 10005 32nd Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98125, for information call Maggie Pheasant at (206) 841-8537
- Shoreline: 2nd Friday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 1315 N. 160th St., Shoreline, WA 98133. For information call Tricia Kostis at (206) 783-4189
- King County Chinese Speaking Caregivers: 1st Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Chinese Information Service Center, 611 S. Lane St. Room C, Seattle, WA 98104. For information call Catherine Wong at (206) 957-8518. “For Chinese-speaking caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – for Frontotemporal Dementia: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, University Congregational United Church of Christ, 4515 16th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105, for information call Karin Miller (206) 915-6682. “For caregivers caring for people with Frontotemporal Dementia”.
- Seattle – Wallingford – Lewy Body Dementia: 4th Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, St. Benedict Parish, Pastoral Office Ground Floor, 1805 N. 49th St., Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Rena Ferretti at (206) 473-2565.
- Seattle – Green Lake, 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Bethany Community Church, Community Life Center Bldg., Adams Room 301, 8023 Green Lake Drive North, Seattle, WA 98103. For information, contact Linda Whiteside, 206-380-4776
- Seattle – Northeast, Men’s Coffee Discussion Group; 3rd Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 11:30 at Wedgwood Presbyterian Church, 8008 35th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115. For information call Don Desonier at (206) 779-1634. “For male spouses.”
- Seattle – Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:30 – 12:00 am, Swedish Medical Center-Ballard, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 5300 Tallman Ave. Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107. For information call Martha Dale, (206) 200-0180. “For Long-Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Queen Anne – Adults Caring for Younger Onset Parents: 2nd Monday of the month, 7:00 -9:00 pm, Queen Anne Lutheran Church, 2800 8th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119. For information call Wendy Nathan at (206) 422-5004. “Open to adult children of Younger-Onset (65 or under) parents.”
- Seattle – Younger-Onset Caregivers: 1st Monday of the month, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Home Street Bank, Community Room, 7307 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776. “Open to caregivers of people with Younger-Onset (65 or under) memory loss.”
- Seattle – LGBT Caregivers: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Home Street Bank, Community Room, 7307 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103. For information call Mandi Gunderson at (206) 471-2352. “For LGBT Caregivers”
- Seattle – Ravenna, Long Distance Caregivers: 2nd Monday of the month, 6:00 – 7:30 pm, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115. For information call Marian Sheehan at (206) 860-3656. “For Long Distance Caregivers.”
- Seattle – Columbia City: 4th Tuesday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Kaiser Permanente Rainier Medical Center, Conference Room, 5316 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98118. For information call Janet Ceballos (206) 940-2802.
- Seattle – West Seattle: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, and 4th Monday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Providence Mount St. Vincent, Breakfast Room, 4831 35th Ave. SW, Seattle, WA 98126. For more information call Martha Smith at (206) 937-3701, ext. 28578.
- Seattle – Madrona/Mt. Baker: 3rd Thursday of the Month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, St. Clement’s Episcopal Church, 1501 32nd Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98133. For information call Muriel Moore, (989) 350-1228.
- Vashon Island: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Vashon Presbyterian Church, 17708 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070. For information call Regina Lyons at (206) 355-3123.
- Bothell: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Lutheran Church of Bothell, 10207 NE 183rd St., Bothell, WA 98011. For information call Debbie Williams, (206) 965-5404.
- Bellevue: 3rd Monday of the month, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Overlake Senior Health Center, 1750 112th Ave. NE, Hidden Valley Office Park, Bldg. 1, Ste. A101, Bellevue, WA 98004. For information call Regina Bennett, (425) 502-9829.
- Bellevue: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 – 3:00 pm, Bellevue Family YMCA, 14230 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information contact Ruth Hansing at (206) 232-2537.
- Bellevue – For Younger-Onset Caregivers, 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, St. Andrews Lutheran Church, Room 1E2, 2650 148th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98007. For information call Bill Lukov at (206) 367-4895.
- Bellevue – For Spanish-Speaking Caregivers: 1st Thursday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Lake Hills Library, Meeting Room, 15590 Lake Hills Blvd, Bellevue, WA 98007. For more information, call Claudia Cruz at (425) 598-5436.
- Kirkland: 3rd Tuesday of the Month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church, Multipurpose Room, 7525 132nd Ave. NE, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information contact Rosemary Reid at (425) 820-0134.
- Kirkland – Adults Caring for Parents: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Kirkland Congregational Church, Common Room, 106 5th, Kirkland, WA 98033. For information call Mariana Fisher at (425) 492-5188. “For Adult Children caring for parents with memory loss”.
- Redmond: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Emerald Heights, 10901 176th Circle NE, Redmond, WA 98052. For information, contact John Waltner at (425) 556-8140.
- Auburn: 1st Tuesday of the month, 12:00 to 1:30 pm, Church of the Nazarene, 1225 29th St. SE, Room 15, Auburn, WA 98002. For information call Val Brustad (253) 854-7658.
- Des Moines: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Wesley Homes Health Center, 1122 S. 216th St. Des Moines, WA 98198. For information call Michael Byrd at (206) 870-1311.
- Federal Way: 1st Tuesday of the Month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, St. Francis Hospital, 34515 9th Ave. S., Education Room, Federal Way, WA 98003. For information contact Janet Ross, (253) 508-9044.
- Kent: 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kent Senior Center, 600 E. Smith, Kent WA 98030. For information call Val Brustad, (253) 854-7658.
- Renton: 4th Tuesday of the month, 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Valley Medical Arts Center, 4033 Talbot Rd. S., Renton, WA 98055. For information call Nancy Streiffert, (253) 796-2203.
- SeaTac: 3rd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, SeaTac Community Center, 13735 24th Ave. S. SeaTac, WA 98168. For information contact Gerry Crouch (206) 632-3985.
- Gig Harbor: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:00 - 11:30 am, Gig Harbor United Methodist Church, 7400 Pioneer Way, Gig Harbor, WA 98335. For information call Mark Anderson at (253) 549-3822.
- Key Peninsula: 3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, The Mustard Seed Crandall Center, 9016 154th Ave. Ct. NW, Lakebay, WA 98349. For information contact Debra Jamerson, (360) 621-1110.
- Tacoma: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 S. Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409. For information contact Jacquelyn Whalen, (253) 922-3221.
- Tacoma – Younger Onset Caregivers; 2nd Monday of the month, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, Skyline Presbyterian, 6301 Westgate Blvd., Tacoma, WA 98406. For information call Lisa Johnson at (253) 905-9269. “For caregivers of those with younger onset Alzheimer’s (65 years of age or under)”
- Tacoma—Evening: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community, Apartment Conference Room, 1301 N Highlands Parkway, Tacoma, WA 98406. For information, contact Maggie Christofferson at (206) 529-3884.
- Puyallup: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 5:00 to 6:30 pm, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cancer Resource Center, 400 15th Ave. SE, Puyallup, WA 98372. For information call Michelle Holden, (253) 224-9208.
- University Place: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, United Church in University Place, 3912 Grandview Dr. W., University Place, WA 98466. For information contact Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Bonney Lake: 4th Monday of the month, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Bonney Lake Senior Center, 19306 Bonney Lake Blvd. E., Bonney Lake, WA 98391. For information contact Sue Hilberg at (360) 551-2002.
- Lakewood: 3rd Saturday of the month. 10:00 am to 11:30 pm, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 10630 Gravelly Lake Dr. SW., Lakewood, WA 98499. For information contact McKenzie Golden, (253) 271-4073.
- Lynnwood: 1st Wednesday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 am, Trinity Lutheran Church, 6215 196th St. SW, Room 202, Lynnwood, WA 98036. For information contact Alice Allen-Redfern at (206) 529-3876.
- Lynnwood—Down Syndrome Caregivers: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter, 19031 33rd Ave W Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036. For more information, contact Hannah Wishnek, (206) 529-3888. “For caregivers of those with Down Syndrome exhibiting memory loss”
- Mountlake Terrace: 1st Tuesday of the month, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, Mountlake Terrace Community Senior Center, 23000 Lakeview Drive, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043. For information contact Sammie Fick, (206) 393-8393.
- Snohomish: 2nd Thursday of the month, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Snohomish Senior Center, 506 Fourth St., Snohomish, WA 98290. For more information contact Sheri Pemberton at (425) 252-6873..
- Arlington/Marysville: 4th Saturday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Smokey Point Community Church, 17721 Smokey Point Blvd., Arlington, WA 98223. For information call Lou Ann Carter at (360) 722-1471.
- Mount Vernon: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm, Skagit Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 500 W Section St., Mount Vernon, WA 98273. For information call Cheryl McRill at (360) 899-4643
- Everett: 1st Thursday of the month, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Hope Church at Silver Lake, 11329 23rd Dr. SE, Everett, WA 98208. For information call Linda Whiteside at (206) 380-4776.
- Anacortes: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1300 9th St., Anacortes, WA 98221. For information call Ann Giboney at (360) 299-9569.
- Edmonds: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Room 302, Edmonds, WA 98020. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Edmonds: 3rd Monday of the month, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Maplewood Presbyterian Church, 19523 84th Ave. W, Edmonds, WA 98026. For information call Barbara Bridges at (425) 335-3414.
- Port Hadlock: 2nd Monday of the month, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Port Hadlock Community United Methodist Church, 130 Church Lane, Port Hadlock, WA 98339. For information call Patricia Smith (360) 379-4186.
- Port Angeles: 2nd Monday of the month, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 East 7th St., Port Angeles, WA 98362. For information call Mardell Xavier at (360) 477-5511.
- Sequim: 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Sequim Bible Church, 847 N. Sequim Ave., Room 401, Sequim, WA 98382. For information call Carolyn Lindley, (360) 683-5294.
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, First Presbyterian Church of Aberdeen, 420 N. Broadway St., Aberdeen, WA 98520. For information call Helen Morning Star at (360) 533-2277.
- Long Beach Peninsula/Ocean Park: 3rd Monday of the month, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, Ocean Park Timberland Library, 1308 256th Place, Ocean Park, WA 98640. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Bremerton: 1st Monday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Harrison Support Services Building, Kitsap Room, 4205 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA 98310. For information call Karen Leader Scott at (360) 981-0237.
- Port Orchard: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente Port Orchard Medical Center, 1400 Pottery Ave., Port Orchard, WA 98366. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Poulsbo: 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 to 3:00 pm, Martha and Mary Health Center, 19160 NE Front St., Poulsbo, WA 98370. For information call Lora Lehner at (360) 649-6793.
- Silverdale: 1st Tuesday of the month, 10:30-12:00, Silverdale Lutheran Church, Gathering Place, 11701 Ridgepoint Dr. NW, Silverdale, WA 98383. For information call Patti Denman at (206) 402-9857
- Kingston: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, Village Green Community Center, The Meeting Room, 26159 Dulay Rd NE, Kingston, WA 98346. For more information, call Lori Gordon at (206) 910-9870.
- Bainbridge Island: 2nd Wednesday of the month. 2:30 – 4:00 pm, Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN), 8890 Three Tree Lane NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. For more information, call Lori Gordon at (206) 910-9870.
- Belfair: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, The HUB Center, 111 NE Old Belfair Hwy, Belfair, WA 98528. For information call Debra Jamerson at (360) 621-1110.
- Olympia: 1st Thursday of the month, 1:00 to 2:30 pm, Capital Medical Center, Rainier Room, 3900 Capital Mall Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502. For information call Karen Hyde at (360) 819-3642.
- Lacey: 4th Friday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2109 College St. SE, Lacey, WA 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Lacey: 2nd Thursday of the month, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Lacey Senior Center, 6757 Pacific Ave. SE, Lacey, WA, 98503. For information call Cheri Knighton at (360) 480-5887.
- Longview-Evening: 3rd Thursday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Kaiser Permanente, Longview/Kelso Medical Office, Conference Room 6A, 1230 7th Ave., Longview, WA 98632. For information call Dawn Morgan at (360) 261-4612.
- Longview-Kelso: 2nd Tuesday of the month, 10:30am – 12:00 pm, YMCA of Southwest Washington, 766 15th Ave, Longview, WA 98632. For information call Beth Bonnett, (360) 423-1334.